Sunday, June 20, 2010

I would start this by writing something like, "I regret" or "I'm sorry" but I can't say either of those is true. I am no longer blogging; this should be fairly obvious in the weeks I've gone without a post. This comes as a bit of surprise to even me, as I thought I would be able to keep this dedication up throughout the entire year. It was my intention to do so, but I've found I no longer need to write about what I see. Furthermore, I don't feel the need to watch as many films.

I've realized that films, as many people have said before, are an escape. You can go into a theatre and for a few hours live vicariously through the screen, forget about your own life and just relax. I no longer need this escape. I have to admit I've found much more contentment in the past few months and so I find myself having less and less time to devote to films. This is not to say I don't watch them, nor have I stopped loving film altogether. I still take the time to watch great films. However this time is drastically cut down because I've simply found more to do with my time. I've found a new sense of happiness and unfortunately there isn't as much room to watches movies.

If I should ever start this blog again, it would in someway be a depressing notion. As much as I adore the entire film nostalgia and experience, at this point to return to the daily film viewings would be detrimental to what I want to do with my life. I've made the decision to dedicate more time to people rather than things. Of course, I'll always enjoy seeing a good (or bad) movie with some friends, so if you ever want to, give me a shout. I was surprised how many visitors I had to this site (thanks to Google Analytics) and I hope you can forgive me. Insert cheesy final line here.